Whether you are planning the parameters of future medical care or are establishing support for loved ones upon death, our Eagan estate planning lawyers can provide the sophisticated guidance you need to obtain peace of mind. Our team at Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A. handles simple and complex estate planning matters for individuals and families.
Whether you have just decided to pursue estate planning or need your existing estate plan thoroughly reviewed, we have the legal skills and practical experience to effectively guide you through the process. We are prepared to apply contemporary estate planning tools and our extensive estate, gift, and income tax knowledge to identify and implement ideal solutions.
What Can an Estate Plan Accomplish?
A well-designed estate plan will work to protect you, your loved ones, your assets, and your legacy. Estate planning documents are extremely flexible and can be designed to fit your unique needs. We will work closely with you to understand your goals and create precise instruments that will work to achieve them.
When building or updating your estate plan, our team will analyze your circumstances and strategize the best means of:
- Transferring assets
- Minimizing tax liability
- Establishing guardianship for your children
- Caring for your pets
- Supporting personal philanthropic causes
- Protecting your loved ones
If you are new to estate planning, we will explain all your options and what each tool accomplishes. We are also adept at spotting potential issues and opportunities to improve upon and update existing estate plans.
Our Eagan estate planning attorneys can assist you with drafting and implementing:
- Advance directives
- Funeral directives
- Guardianship designations and provisions
- Standby custodian and guardianship designations
- Powers of attorney
- Trusts, including testamentary trusts, charitable remainder trusts, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts
Why Choose Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices for Your Estate Planning Needs
When it comes to estate planning, you need a trusted and experienced team by your side. At Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, we have been serving clients in Eagan, MN and the surrounding areas for years, providing comprehensive estate planning services.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Expertise: Our estate planning attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of estate planning. We stay up-to-date with the latest laws and regulations to ensure that your estate plan is tailored to your specific needs and goals.
- Personalized Approach: We understand that every client is unique, and we take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your goals, and develop a customized estate plan that reflects your wishes. We will guide you through the entire process, answering any questions you may have along the way.
- Comprehensive Services: Our firm offers a wide range of estate planning services to address all aspects of your estate, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and more. Whether you have a simple estate or complex assets, we have the expertise to create a plan that protects your loved ones and preserves your legacy.
- Peace of Mind: Planning for the future can be overwhelming, but with our team of dedicated attorneys, you can have peace of mind knowing that your estate plan is in good hands. We will work diligently to ensure that your wishes are carried out and that your loved ones are taken care of.
Don't leave your estate planning to chance. Contact Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices today to schedule a consultation and start securing your family's future.
Your will is essential at every stage of your life, and every adult should have one. Your advance directive – also known as your “living will” – provides enforceable medical intervention preferences should you become incapacitated. Together, these two documents protect your wishes should you pass away or become unable to communicate.
Common items in a will include:
- Guardianship appointments
- How you would like to divide your assets
- Real property transfers
- Instructions for care of a beloved family pet
- Any other instructions you believe are relevant
Your last will and testament gives you the opportunity to leave assets to loved ones. You must establish a will if you intend to leave property to any person or entity who is not a blood relative, such as a friend, domestic partner, or charity.
If you die without a will, the court will determine who receives your property, who cares for your minor children, and even what happens to your pet. The court’s decisions may not reflect your desires. Our team at Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A. can draft and formalize wills that ensure your intentions are honored. We also assist with matters of probate and estate administration.
Once your will is completed and validated, you can modify it at any time to reflect your current situation. In fact, you should plan to periodically update your will throughout your life. We can draft codicils that address changes in your financial situation, marital status, number of children, philanthropic interests, and other shifts in circumstances.
An Estate Planning Firm You Can Trust
Through strong communication and personal service, we strive to produce the most beneficial plan for each family and individual we serve – one that offers peace of mind and confidence. Our Eagan estate planning lawyers take an efficient approach that helps us quickly understand your objectives and moves us quickly into the process of custom-drafting your documents.
You can trust our dedicated team for practical solutions and honest, cost-conscious service. All of our work is performed with an eye toward, and a deep understanding of, state and federal tax codes.
“Very honest, responsive and respectful.” - Former Client
“I would rehire Martha in a second because she is professional.” - Former Client
“We have always appreciated your assistance.” - Former Client