Eagan Family Law Attorneys
Compassionately Serving Families in Cannon Fall, MN
Matters of family law are often particularly sensitive and contentious. Most people who need legal assistance with these issues are going through turbulent and stressful life changes.
At Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A., we understand that you may be going through a trying time. Our Eagan family attorneys have over 65 years of combined legal experience and can provide the empathetic guidance you need to move forward. Whether you are struggling to navigate a divorce or need help completing an adoption, our team will explore all available options and do everything we can to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Our Family Law Services
We confidently and routinely help Minnesota families resolve many types of family law issues. Our team is made up of skilled litigators who will aggressively protect your interests in and out of the courtroom. If you prefer to avoid the courts, we can also capably assist with other forms of dispute resolution.
Our Eagan family law attorneys can assist you with cases involving:
- Divorce. Going through a divorce is never easy, especially when children are involved. When a contested divorce is filed, a family court will decide disputed matters of property division, spousal support, and child custody and visitation. Our team knows how to construct persuasive arguments and will work to ensure your best interests are represented throughout each stage of the process. We can also help qualifying couples seek summary dissolutions.
- Divorce Mediation. Divorce litigation can be extremely costly and time-consuming. Many couples use mediation as an expedited and less expensive alternative to divorce. An impartial mediator will work with the spouses to reach a mutually acceptable resolution. Issues that cannot be resolved through mediation can still be decided in court.
- Child Custody. Courts consider a myriad of factors when deciding matters of child custody. Our lawyers will help you maintain and protect your parental right to a continued relationship with your child. We will work to negotiate a fair custody arrangement that is in your child’s best interests. Our team can also assist with order enforcement, visitation rights, grandparents’ rights, and modifications to existing orders.
- Child Support. Each parent’s current financial situation and the child’s unique circumstances will factor into Minnesota child support calculations. We can work to negotiate an equitable payment plan that meets the child’s financial needs.
- Restraining Orders. If you believe you may be in danger, you should immediately contact law enforcement and request an emergency protective order that prevents your abuser from contacting you. We can then help you seek a full order or protection.
- Juvenile Delinquency and Dependency. Our team will aggressively advocate for you and work to ensure your parental rights are not violated by state or local governments.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements. We can help you create enforceable legal documents that protect both you and your partner’s interests.
Legal Support Your Family Can Depend On
We know what is at stake in conflicts involving family law and understand how these matters are adjudicated in Minnesota courts. Our lawyers will be by your side throughout each step of your legal process and will work tirelessly to deliver the results you deserve.
“Very honest, responsive and respectful.” - Former Client
“I would rehire Martha in a second because she is professional.” - Former Client
“We have always appreciated your assistance.” - Former Client