Divorce Mediator in Eagan County
Offering an Alternative Divorce Resolution to Residents of Hastings and the Surrounding Areas
When couples litigate issues before a judge, the emotional toll and the expense increase exponentially. Fortunately, there are ways to simplify your divorce and reduce costs, while still achieving your goals for your future. For many couples, mediation is a useful tool for removing impediments to a settlement on important issues.
Common divorce issues include:
Our experienced family law attorney has the knowledge and skill to guide you through the mediation process toward a mutually acceptable, cost-effective resolution of your most contentious divorce issues.
How Does Divorce Mediation Work?
Forms of mediation differ slightly from state to state, but in all jurisdictions an impartial third party, the mediator, meets with the spouses to work out a voluntary agreement. Over the course of several sessions, our divorce mediation attorney will listen to the spouses, assesses the issues before them, and guide them toward a mutually acceptable resolution. However, the mediator cannot impose an agreement on the couple. If mediation fails, unresolved issues are held for trial.
At Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A., our divorce mediators in Eagan are glad to help you. Reach out to us at (651) 369-7749 for a consultation – we are glad to answer any of your questions.
What Are The Benefits of Divorce Mediation?
Divorce may be an emotionally taxing and challenging journey. However, using divorce mediation as an alternate dispute resolution strategy might help you save needless worry, time, and expense. Our skilled Eagan County divorce mediator at Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A. is here to assist you in navigating the procedure and arrive at a just and peaceful resolution.
The best way to control costs during divorce is to negotiate a settlement agreement of all the ancillary issues and present it to the court for approval. Even if you don’t achieve a complete agreement, you can settle most issues and hold the remaining points over for trial. When traditional negotiations fail to resolve disputes over custody, support or property division, many couples may choose to work with a divorce mediation attorney at Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A..
Mediation offers the following benefits as well:
- Cost-effectiveness: Divorce mediation is often more affordable than traditional litigation, as it typically requires fewer court appearances and legal fees.
- Time-saving: Mediation allows you to work at your own pace and schedule sessions that are convenient for you and your spouse. This can help speed up the divorce process compared to lengthy court battles.
- Reduced conflict: Mediation promotes open communication and cooperation between spouses, which can lead to a more peaceful and respectful divorce. It can also help maintain a healthier relationship for co-parenting in the future.
- Control over outcomes: Unlike a court decision, mediation allows you and your spouse to have a say in the final settlement. You can work together to find creative solutions that meet both of your needs and priorities.
- Confidentiality: Mediation sessions are private and confidential, providing a safe space for open discussions without the fear of public exposure or judgment.
Mediation has proven so useful that several states have enacted mandatory mediation before the court will schedule a hearing. In states where mediation is not automatic, a judge may order mediation before placing the case on the court calendar.
When it comes to your family, trust Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A. to provide you with the support and guidance you need during this challenging time. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about how divorce mediation can benefit you.
Is Divorce Mediation Right for You?
Couples and their families may experience stress and emotion during the divorce process. If you're thinking about getting a divorce, you might be wondering what your alternatives are. In the divorce mediation process, a mediator who is an impartial third party assists couples in working out their differences and coming to an amicable agreement.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding if divorce mediation is right for you:
- Willingness to compromise: Mediation requires both parties to be open to compromise and willing to work together to find a solution.
- Communication: Effective communication is key to a successful mediation. If you and your spouse are able to communicate effectively, mediation may be a good option.
- Privacy: Mediation is a confidential process and offers more privacy than a public court proceeding.
- Control: In mediation, couples have more control over the outcome of their divorce settlement than in a court proceeding.
At Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A., our experienced Eagan County divorce mediation attorney can help you determine if mediation is the right choice for you and your family.
Contact Our Eagan County Divorce Mediation Attorney
At Kennedy & Ruhsam Law Offices, P.A., our divorce mediation lawyer can ensure that you are fully prepared for your mediation sessions. We review your progress; we scrutinize all proposed agreements and draft counter proposals that protect your rights.
“I highly recommend Kennedy & Rusham Law Offices” - Jayne B.
“Very honest, responsive and respectful.” - Former Client
“I would rehire Martha in a second because she is professional.” - Former Client